24. December 2008 00:42
For those waiting, Perenthia is almost ready for alpha. I have a few more things to complete and then the first phase of the Alpha will be ready. Hopefully you have had time to look over the various races, attributes and skills on the Perenthia web site and will be ready to create a character and begin your journey.
Here is a list of the remaining tasks I need to complete before Alpha, this does not include testing and fixing bugs with these features, just implementing them:
- Spellcasting (Basic framework is in place, just need to define some spells and test them out)
- Monster drops, including currency, gold, silver, etc. (They don't drop anything right now, stingy)
- Help (Just need the framework in place as the help will get compiled during the alpha)
- Quests (May not finish these for the first phase of alpha, want to try and keep it simple to start)
- Some UI cleanup (got some windows not responding to updates from the server)
- Content (Need to finish adding monsters to the dungeon, just the one dungeon for alpha)
I thought I would include a couple of screen shots along with this update. The first is a shot of the map window of the world builder tool I wrote for managing the places and things within the Perenthia world. This is the shot of the Alpha testing area, a small village called "Delcor". This view is actually a windows forms application with a WPF (ElementHost) control for rendering the map. The little red dots are NPCs that I can actually drag around into other rooms on the map after I create them, makes for moving the monsters in the dungeon a lot easier. :)
This second shot is the game user interface showing the same map that I was working on in the screen shot above.