23. January 2008 15:29
The Silverlight Pirates! prototype is online!
Keep in mind that this is a very early prototype and about the only thing you can do is destroy that other ship that is sitting there. I didn't get the enemy AI quite where I wanted it but it will fire on you if you get close. You can sail around and dock at ports, although you can't buy anything yet. Once your ammo runs out you will have to refresh the page to reload the game. You will also have to refresh if the enemy ship kills you.
On my TODO list are:
- boundaries to keep you from sailing on forever
- merchant ships to attack
- better enemy AI so the merchants will run and man-o-war will chase
- sea monsters
- storms, which should be a big challenge
- menu for when you are at port to buy ammo or repair your ship
- gold and/or ammo drops from enemy ships
If you find any funky bugs please let me know and of course, you will need Silverlight 1.1 in order to run the prototype.
Silverlight Pirates! Prototype