31. January 2008 00:22
I spent some time working on admin tools tonight for Perenthia. All the tools I am building will be web based rather than a mix of windows and web, which is what have for the current beta 1 version of Perenthia. The current version has some web based admin stuff for content and items but the main beast is a windows application for drawing out the maps and terrain. I decided to rebuild this into a web based component so I can admin Perenthia from anywhere.
The tools I have so far are:
- Place/Map Editor - Add/edit rooms, exits
- Connection Viewer - View active connected players
- Online/Offline Toggle - To shutoff access to the game engine for maintenance, etc.
- Item Template Editor - To add item templates, from which items are generated or created
- Log Viewer - View error, chat, etc. logs
- Content Editor - For news, pages, etc.
Tools I plan to add as I go:
- NPC Editor - To add/edit NPCs
- Quest Editor - Add quests, set key NPCs, set rewards, etc.